Friday, September 13, 2013

Home Sweet Home artwork

Today, I finished the last of the artwork to hang beside the flat screen TV, above the turquoise TV stand. These are surprise gifts from me.  She loved the artwork and I thought it would be fun to try to duplicate it.  Here is the grouping.  I have a little bit of clean up to do, as well as paint the frames a chartreuse color. For the stripes, I chose a paint color from what I had on hand and closest to her wall paint. I cut the words with my Cricut.



Now I am working on the clothes pin board for her craft room.  Here is the mock up of it. I found this medallion fabric.  It matches the raspberry colored craft table pretty well (it is a touch on the pink side).  I painted the frame the same color as her teal drapes.  I also painted the clothes pins silver (it is what I had on hand - it should look okay because she will use her Dad's desk which has chrome accents on it).  I found these printed chipboard birds, butterflies and dragon flies to attach to the clothes pins.  They are part of the matching set of the (flat) decoupage birds, butterflies and dragon flies that I used to put on the glass vase that I made for her craft room/office.  I keep forgetting to take pictures of it, but promise I will soon. The little creatures have really beautiful colors on them, as well as glitter and teal glass beads. I thought the clothes pin board looked like birds on a wire and thought it would be cute to incorporate them too.  She said she likes birds and butterflies and liked the idea of them being on the clothes pins. Sorry for the blurry pictures.






No comments:

Post a Comment