Sunday, July 21, 2013

TV stand top - 1st coat of stain

I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of the top all stripped and sanded.  It was so beautiful and had such pretty graining.  There were a few places on the top that I wasn't real pleased with and sanding more didn't seem to have an affect on them.  I stained the top a natural color first and didn't like it - it brought out too much red - so I immediately re-stained it in the kona color.  Enough time has passed for me to be able to put a second coat on it.  My husband recommends that I sand a few places.  I'm thinking of staining in only a few areas.  Overall, it still is really pretty though.  In the second picture, you can see the original stain of the furniture (top left - chest on chest).  The bottom will be painted to match fabric - probably a dark turquoise color.  Though a lime color would be really cool too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment