Thursday, July 25, 2013

Making progress

Fabric arrived. It is beautiful and now I have something to match paint colors.

Second coat on dresser top has been applied. You can see it in the first picture below.  I also sanded the top a bit before applying the second coat. I don't believe I'll add any more coats as it doesn't seem to make a difference. I need to apply a polycoat to it though.

I'm almost finished sanding the dresser base.


I just have to sand these five strips on the left third of the dresser and the front left ornate foot.
 
I'm hopeful we (did I say we, I mean Terr) can get it primed and painted this weekend, weather permitting (please!). I can't wait to see the finished product, especially up against the fabric. I have a paint gun and compressor so hopefully it will go on well.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment