Tuesday, July 16, 2013

French Provencal Dresser to TV stand


I purchased this vintage French Provencal bedroom set on Craigslist a while back (not the night stand on the bottom left though - I believe it is from Restoration Hardware - it is my inspiration for liming the headboard, footboard and night stand).  I plan to revamp each piece.

I started stripping the dresser top first.  The dresser will be a TV stand.  Here is the inspiration for the TV stand. 



Originally, I planned to stain the top a dark stain (Kona).  After stripping the top, I think it is too gorgeous to stain a dark color as it is a beautiful light color and has great wood grains.  Now, I plan to stain it a light color to bring out its natural color and beautiful grains in the wood.  I will have to polycoat it though to protect the wood from the television, etc.  The bottom of the piece will be painted in a dark turquoise to match the darker turquoise in this fabric - Covington Savannah.





I'll update more as it progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment