Sunday, September 20, 2015

Our Hardwood Flooring - No More Orangey Red Oak

We recently had our red oak hardwood floors refinished.  When we purchased our home, the downstairs had red oak hardwood floors.  They were stained in the traditional orangey color.  They are 2 - 2.5 inches wide.  Recently, we purchased 5" wide oak planks for our master, master closets and the upstairs hallway.  We never had them sanded or finished.  So, we had them refinished / finished at the same time, the same color.  I love the look of the fumed floors.  My daughter has warned me to not go with the fumed products as the upkeep is not easy.  I finally found a formula that I loved - they were for white oak floors - but I figured they'd have to look just as beautiful on my red oak floors.  We used three Minwax stains to achieve this look, and the floors were coated in a matte water-based poly.

I am so pleased with them. This is the view in our breakfast room.  The wall paint is Farrow & Ball's Shaded White.  I had SW match the color for me.






No comments:

Post a Comment